Motorsports Sales Associate (Short Track)
Performance Friction Corporation (PFC Brakes) is a racing and high-performance disc brake manufacturer headquartered in Clover, SC. We have an immediate need for a Sales Professional who desires a high level of accountability in a very competitive industry. Our corporate facility is located approximately 19 miles southwest of Charlotte, NC. We manufacture ultra-premium, high-performance brake products in the original equipment, aftermarket, fleet / heavy duty, and racing market segments.
PFC Brakes is currently seeking a Sales Associate with a collaborative mentality, positive attitude and passion for delivering best-in-class service and fostering a healthy team environment.
The Motorsports Sales Associate will be responsible for a range of activities that includes customer relation management, technical support, forecasting, external communications, trade show management, reporting, track day support, and management of product delivery. The role will also serve as a liaison between the sales and engineering groups.
The position requires exceptional organization, along with the ability to effectively lead a team and implement efficient processes within a budget. Ensuring consistency and excellent communication while managing time-sensitive projects are vital.
• Strong focus in coordinating with internal company departments to meet Quotas and Goals.
• Travel Required
• Accessing, updating, and maintaining customer computer database and manual record keeping systems for individual accounts.
• Emphasis in active customer relationship building and selling through frequent and continuous customer phone and e-mail contact.
• Responding to complex customer telephone or written product inquiries.
• Solicit new accounts and business via assertive outbound phone calls and e-mail.
• Hands-on use of computer sales and distribution functionality preferred.
• Develop sales strategies specifically designed for the various motorsports sectors in which PFC conducts business.
• Analyze distributor network performance with PFC senior leadership and distribution partners to continue sales growth.
• Ability to perform market analysis for potential development.
• Strong focus on maintaining optimum consumer awareness of the PFC brand globally.
• Send out weekly reports for market specific part numbers.
• Ability to follow robust policies and procedures.
• Providing requests for prices and quotations.
• Dealing with customer complaints, returns, shortages and adjustments
• Attend race tracks to interface with existing and potential end users
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in motorsports, business, or related field; MBA a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience in motorsports parts sales is a plus
• Must have professional appearance and acumen with excellent oral/written communication skills
• Solid working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is necessary and will be utilized daily
• Familiarity with sales data and managing expenses against quantifiable results.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Applicant must be local or willing to relocate to the greater Charlotte area.
• Paid Vacations & Holidays
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Medical & Dental Insurance
• Life & Disability Insurance Available
• Relocation for the right candidate