In 1986, PFC was the first to develop an asbestos-free solution that stopped a 690,000 pound haul truck at 35mph.
Off- Highway disc pads were the first pads in production for PFC Brakes. It’s where we started. Industrial friction and the vast variety of applications from lawn mowers to Haul trucks was the cornerstone of PFC’s friction development.
PFC WAS 1ST IN PROVIDING:
- Bonded Friction for Air clutches.
- Non-Asbestos Friction for Industrial clutches.
- Non-Asbestos Friction for Wheeled loader disc pads.
- Non-Asbestos Friction for Haul Truck disc pads.
- Non-Asbestos Friction for Gear tooth facings.
“Of all the memories I have throughout my career, the one day I enjoyed the most was being the first to pass the Canadian Certification on a 632,000 pound Haul truck in British Columbia. It was an engineering milestone for the industry and the company. The technology we developed kick-started the development our racing technology and our over the road truck technology.”
-Don Burgoon President